Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Sunday, February 9, 2014

MOP Monday, Off with your head!!

And here we are for the third week of progress reports!

My initial idea was to have a progress on each of the six projects below each week... that was a little bit too optimistic :) but the second part of my initial plan was to have progresses on each project in a sequential way, in the sense that once a step has been made on one project, before a second step can be made on the same project I need to advance each of the other ones... in this way I am "forcing" myself to make them advance at the same time... no project left behind!! :) And on that I am succeeding... so here they are!

-- MOP: The list --
1. As You Wish - no progress (progress done last week)
2. Celtic Solstice - no progress (progress done last week)
3. Tea Towel challenge and PPV BOM - 3 chevrons blocks added to the tea towel! (see below)
4. Alice in Wonderland quilt - the Queen of Hearts is done! (see below)
5. Happy Halloween wall hanging - done "Do Bats Eat Cats?" block (see below)
6. Topolino quilt - cut pieces of next block (Scrooge McDuck) and selected fabric

-- MOP: This week new blocks --
The Queen of Hearts is ready to get some heads!!
The pattern has been tested and fixed and is now available in the Quilt&Stitch-TestAlong page.

--
I've already shown this last Tue for my Tea Towel Challenge update, but this is the set of three chevron blocks from the Paper Piecing Vintage BOM.
--
And finally, when I saw the new QAL that Melissa @ HappyQuilting is hosting I didn't really like it enough to make a full quilt with the blocks (I am not a big fan of "classic stars"), but suddenly looking at the block I didn't see stars and borders but I saw Cats and Bats! And how could I not make a block that has an Halloween theme merged with an Alice in Wonderland theme???

So I generated a paper piecing version of Melissa block because I needed a smaller version of the block and with different coloring... so here you can see my "Do Bats Eat Cats?" block!!
The inverse ("Do Cats Eat Bats?") is the next on my list for that project ;)
I will link this post in Melissa's link up party even if I don't know if my block will "qualify" for a prize for the QAL since I didn't follow her instructions... but I wanted to share it with the group because I really like that block now that I don't see it as a star ;)

--
And now, ling YOUR own progresses below!!
Rules for the linky party:
1. You can link finished projects or WIP at any stage! Every step is worth sharing
   (A journey of thousand miles is made of single steps)!

2. Link to your specific post to make it easier for others to read about your progress!
3. Spread the word and post my button or a text link (code for the button on the side bar)
4. Comment on other links!! It's always good to support each other every step of the way!! :)


3 comments:

  1. Of course you still qualify :) Everyone is welcome to do their own interpretations, I love seeing people take a design and run with it :) The cats and bats are so fun for Halloween. What a great idea!

    And yippee for getting it all finished up :) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Queen block! It is fantastic and the embroidery sets it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Current Progress Update:

    So whilst I can't link up.. here is my current wip
    - Spools quilt - all outside and interior negative space quilted - 1 spool of 9 quilted
    - Plus quilt - to baste still (backing bought)
    - Doctor who 3/4 from FiS (I'm very behind) - no progress
    - Jigsaw Enzo Maru knock-pff aminal puzzle - done!!!
    - Bag for mothers birthday to make (boxy tote, boxy pouch and cargo duffle bag)
    - Fret saw puzzle nativity

    Thanks again for hosting this and making me accountable!
    Shevvy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1