Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Getting back into crafting (and a link party)

Slowing getting back to my normal creative life!



The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Growing Up QAL - February block(s) finished (cannot share)
  2. Splendid Sampler - one block done (see below)
  3. Charity quilts - no progress
  4. SK project - no progress
  5. Molli Sparkle's "The Honey Pot Bee" - designed my block for March (cannot share)
  6. Project QUILTING - waiting for next challenge
  7. En Provence QAL - Good progress (see below)
  8. Bullet Journaling into my Quilter's Planner - working every day on this
  9. 70273 Project - Four blocks done (see below)
  10. Ski glasses protective cover (see below)
  11. New craft - book binding (see below)
--
My weekly contribution to the 70273 project.


--
I went back to the En Provence QAL.
While I didn't dislike Bonnie's final design, I didn't particularly love it either.
Then I saw a version of someone (sorry, I lost the link) where they made a smaller version with only one "big star in the circle". I liked the design, but I wanted it bigger, so I decided to do copy that design but do it four times to get 54''x54'' final size.

I then updated my tracker for the piece counts that I actually need for my design and this week I completed all Clue 3, 5 and 7. Now I just need more pieces from Clue 1, 2 and 6 and then I can assemble the top! This is my project for the One Monthly Goal @ elmstreetquilts: my goal is to assemble the top! Linking up here


--
Here is getting cold and windy... so sometimes I need to use the ski mask instead of glasses if I want to be able to walk outside! :)
The mask is great but I needed some kind of case so that it doesn't get dirty and scratched in my bag... when I couldn't find anything interesting I decided to make it myself!

I just stiched together a soft flannel piece and a cool denim piece (both from past Quilty Boxes), added some decorative stitches, snaps and that's it!! 

It is not super beautiful, but it's functional and that what matters!!
--

Youtube is dangerous... 
Some videos about Book Binding, by Sea Lemon... WOW, I love her tutorial and I never realized that you can stitch books!! :) :)


This is my first mini attempt... it's not too clean but it was sooooo easy and fun to make!! Now I know what everybody is getting as a small handmade gift next Xmas :) :)

--
And last, but not least, I went back to my Splendid Sampler (with selvages and batiks) journey!

Block 94... which I want to rename as "Walls that bring us together" :)


--
How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!


3 comments:

  1. I'm not doing a full size En Provence either. The design was nice and I liked it but not enough to make a full size version. I love your hand made notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great, even if it's slow going. Thanks for hosting the linky party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1