As quilters we make art every day!
Every quilted project is a unique piece of art, full of love, creativity and inspiration.
However, have you ever thought about how "traditional" art could be reinterpreted in a quilted piece?
(by "traditional" I mean anything that a non-quilter will label as art, like paintings, drawings, sculptures, architecture from all countries and all time periods).
To explore the endless possibilities of art-inspired quilted pieces I decided to organize a Blog Hop!
I invited some of my blogging quilty friends and we are going to present our unique pieces in May!
This is the current line-up of inspiring artists:
~ May 9th, 2016 ~
- Maartje (http://quiltinginamsterdam.blogspot.com)
- Lee Anna (http://lapaylor.blogspot.com/)
- Andrée (http://quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com)
- Renee (http://www.quiltsofafeather.com/)
~ May 10th, 2016 ~
- Kathy (http://qreativequilts.blogspot.com/)
- Nina-Marie (http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/)
- Chris (http://chrissquiltinguniverse.blogspot.com/)
- DeAnna (http://southernbellessewcreative.blogspot.com/)
~ May 11th, 2016 ~
- Beth (http://www.quilterbeth.blogspot.com/)
- Judith (http://www.frimart.ch/)
- Yanicka (http://yanickahachez.blogspot.com/)
- Heather (http://www.heatherquilts.blogspot.com/)
~ May 12th, 2016 ~
- Cynthia (http://cynthiasark.blogspot.com.au/)
- Janeen (http://quiltartdesigns.blogspot.com/)
- Wendy (http://www.kwiltkrazy.com)
- Afton (http://www.quiltingmod.blogspot.com/)
Do YOU want to join the blog hop and present your own project?If so, there is still time to join! Please get in touch with me and I will send you all the information and technical details so that we can extend this blog hop past one week!!
You can either send me an email at tweloq(at)gmail(dot)com or leave a comment below (with your email address) so that we can start exchanging information.
And if you know someone that would be interested in joining, please share this information with them! The more we are the better!
I am so excited to see where all these pieces take us! I started myself to make some minis inspired by famous art pieces and, to be honest, is absolutely addictive so approach at your own risk!! :)