Where did the time go?! These past few weeks have been quite crazy!!
The Ongoing Project List:
- Growing Up QAL - March block(s) ready (cannot share)
- Splendid Sampler - one block done (see below)
- Charity quilts - no progress
- SK project - one block done (see below)
- Molli Sparkle's "The Honey Pot Bee" - no progress
- Project QUILTING - "We the Rainbow", project done (see below)
- En Provence QAL - no progress
- Bullet Journaling into my Quilter's Planner - no progress
- 70273 Project - no progress
- Book binding - three small notepad done (see below)
- Twilters! Bee - completed first block
When the Challenge 4 of Project QUILTING was announced I immediately knew what it was going to be about for me... rainbow = colors = skin color = diversity = equality = inclusion = we the people!
So this is my piece for the challenge: it includes rainbow flags that celebrate equality and diversity and there is a gradient of many kind of skin colors, textures, tones, all walks of life... we the people!
(temporary title) We the Rainbow, 32''x21''
I have to be honest: I don't think my piece is "done".
It is complete, in the sense that it is stitched and quilted, so it qualifies for the challenge...but the piece is still talking to me... the piece wants to say more, but she needs more time to express her thoughts :)
This is where I struggle for these short timed challenges: while it's great to have the incentive of completing the piece, sometimes a piece need to percolate in your mind a little longer...
Especially a piece that I plan to submit for the Threads of Resistance exhibits...
One more block for my Splendid Sampler (with selvages and batiks) journey!
Block 75 - Stitch Crazy
Anothe block for my Stephen King collection.
The Gunslinger - Book Cover - 5''x7.5''
The block I made as part of a Bee swap
"My Birds", Pattern by Tina
And last, but not least, I made few more stitched notebooks! I used some fancy cardstock and some graph paper and I think they turned out pretty nice!!
How about you? What are YOU up to?Link it here and share it with me!!