But this means that your chances are much higher now, since it is going to run for other 3 weeks ;)
These are the rules:
- to participate in the giveaway you have to link a post of your blog on my MOP Monday linky party (at the end of this post) OR send me an email with your block (see later for details)
- each link added will give you one entry
- if you share one of the blocks designed by me, you get 2 entries!! and if the block is one of the untested ones, you get 3 entries!! :)
- if you want to share one of my blocks and you don't have a blog, you can send me an email and I will add the link to the linky party for you. My email is in all my patterns!
- if you guess which city is the one depicted in the placemat on the background of the giveaway image I will add an extra bonus fat quarter ;) just write it in the comment below or send me an email (note: I will not publish the comments with the answers to avoid helping others ;) )
- links must be "new" (any date after Aug 15th is fine)
- the standard MOP Monday opening/closing time applies (the collection usually opens on Sat or Sun and is open until next Tue 12:05 pm EST)
- the giveaway will be running for 4 MOP Mondays and the winner will be announced around Sep 10
- I reserve the right to delete non-relevant links and/or exclude them from the count in the giveaway
- following my blog and commenting on other links is not required, but is greatly appreciated!!
- the giveaway is open to everyone, international entries are welcome (as well as US ones)!!
And now, for My Own Progress:
-- MOP: The list --
2. Rainbow Starburst - 1 block done (see below)
3. Topolino quilt - 1 block done (see below)
4. Reversible sewing machine cover - no progress
5. Tea Towel challenge and PPV BOM - no progress (progress last week)
6. College Days Blog Hop blocks for tote/grocery bag - no progress
7. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
8. As You Wish - no progress
9. Happy Halloween wall hanging - no progress
10. Crazy optical illusion - started few blocks... let's see how it goes...
11. Birthday wall hanging - Dooooone! (this is my project for A Lovely Year of Finishes (August))
-- MOP: This week new blocks --
Third corner block ready!! And I also started the sashing on few others. Maybe next week I will have all the blocks on my design wall and maybe even the full quilt top pieced... who knows, we'll see!!
And for my "Topolino" quilt, the sweet Daisy Duck is ready! She is calling her boyfriend that (as we saw few weeks ago) is always napping and kind of late ;)
The pattern is available in my "MickeyM, DonalD, Alice" page
I came up with this project because I needed a small handmade present for my boyfriend's birthday and I know that he likes the "Evil Eye". If you have ever seen the jewelry and other objects using this concept, they are inherently irregular so I felt that was the perfect opportunity for me to try to play around with my machine & color thread. So this is the result:
The big "beads" are applique, the small ones are just "thread painted"... I didn't use any particular technique or tutorial, I just kept moving my fabric around until the part that I wanted to color was filled. This created a lot of knots and build-up of thread, but that was exactly the point, so that the small beads are kind of 3D.
I like how it turned out... but I think that thread painting is not for me, I prefer simple piecing (well, paper piecing technically).
This is my project for A Lovely Year of Finishes (August)
The blocks for my SK project keep coming!! :) I am super happy about all of them!!
As usual I will also share this design through Summer of Stitches (on Fandom in Stitches) for the theme "I <3 books"... again another great opening line :)
The Eyes of the Dragon
Pattern available on "The SK project" page--
And now, link YOUR own progresses below!!
Links for the giveaway: dated after Aug 15
Rules for the linky party:
1. You can link finished projects or WIP at any stage! Every step is worth sharing
(A journey of thousand miles is made of single steps)!
2. Link to your specific post to make it easier for others to read about your progress!
3. Spread the word and post my button or a text link (code for the button on the side bar)
4. Comment on other links!! It's always good to support each other every step of the way!! :)