Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Ten days of finishing (and a link party)

I have too many new projects going on and I let old projects go untouched for too long!
So I decided to start a "ten days of finishing project"


The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Play with Me QAL - working on future blocks (cannot share details)
    but I released the third block of the QAL, the Backgammon board!
  2. WGACA projects
    1. Jane T - no progress
    2. The SK project - no progress
    3. Charity Quilts for DC General Homeless Shelter project - assembled bargello base for backing
  3. Mirror Mirror Afghan - 2 blocks done! (see below)
  4. Block Swap Adventure -  paused until April
  5. American Quilt (previous known as Americana QAL) - no progress
  6. Project Quilting (#6) - "Strings of Pi" done (see below)
  7. Gyleen's BCP Mystery QAL - paused, not liking where this is going :(
  8. Splendid Sampler - Block 9 done (see below)
  9. SECRET quilt 1 for exhibit - (FDJ) no progress
  10. SECRET quilt 2 for exhibit - (Processing) no progress
  11. Tablet tote - planned
  12. Road Home Row-A-Long - planned what to make
  13. 70273 Project - decided to join
The EverythingElse List:
  1. the 31000 Xs project - no progress
  2. Spirit cross stitch project - no progress
  3. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
  4. As You Wish -  no progress
  5. Crazy optical illusion - no progress
  6. Memory quilt 2 - no progress
----
Before talking about the specific projects I worked on this week, I want to stop and look at my list of projects: it is growing too fast and my enthusiasm for new projects and blocks is taking away energy to finish old ones!

That's why I decided to start a "10 days of finishing" :)
Until the end of the month I WON'T make a single new block, a single new crochet block, nothing "new".
I am only allowed to make "finishing" steps: either joining blocks I already have, basting quilt tops I have, finishing backings, etc. I will pause my Splendid Sampler, my Mirror Mirror Afghan, Jane T, SK, everything that is far away from being finished and I will focus on project that I can complete or move to completion by the end of the month.

--
These are my latest blocks for Pat's and Jane's Splendid Sampler 

Block 8 (crochet version)

Block 9 (no crochet version)

To see all my blocks, check out My Sampler Journey page

This week I also received 2 wonderful donations from 2 generous people! Antoinette and Jeanne sent me a total of FIVE big ziplock bags FULL of selvages!!! Sooo much to play with! I need to find a better system to store and divide my selvages because now a generic box is not good enough :)

--
Early in the week I completed the last piece for the Project Quilting challenge (String of Pi).


--
Early this month I shared the third block for my Play with Me QAL


I am looking forward to see more boards shared by the people in the group! 
We have about 50 people playing along, it is so fun!!

If you didn't join, it's not too late!

--
And last, but not least, I want to remind you that I am working on charity quilts,
and I would love your help!! 
Quilts are for a quilt drive to help the kids in the DC General Homeless Shelter. 
And you can help me by donating orphan blocks, partial blocks, or fabric (scraps, strips, leftover, uglies, whatever). 
If you are willing to mail them to me, I could use them to make more quilts for these kids!!! 
If you are up for a loving donation, please send me an email at tweloq[_at_]gmail[dot_com] or leave a comment here with your email address so I could give you my mailing address. I promise that your donation will be used to make some kids happy and feel more loved!! 

I finally have something to show you!

Well... this was an early phase picture :)
Bargello with a cat

I had a lot of strips from an early donation and while I knew I wanted to use it to make a back (because I already have 3 or 4 tops done, so I need backs) I wanted something fun that was not just put them together as strips! Then I saw this super fun (and easy) QAL at Elm Street Quilts so I decided to join!

Ready for the next step!

I am going to make the "Queen" version (36'') and I will need to make it bigger with some kind of border, but I really like when others are putting together an easy design and I just need to follow along! :)

--
How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!

3 comments:

  1. I know that feeling of too many projects and not enough finishes. I have caught up on most things including cleaning the house so I am treating myself to a day of sewing starting with a retreat sample that needs finishing. I hope you get lots completed. Sometimes you just have to stop the new stuff to finish the other off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem as you do, way too many projects, but I keep moving along. You have been very busy. Enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too many quilts, so little time! I've got my own list, which I'm not making public, because I would feel really disappointed in myself if nothing got done. Saving face, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1