Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, May 20, 2017

WAW, what a week (and a link party)

Sewing along and events that people join as a group are so fun and inspiring!  

The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Growing Up QAL - future blocks are coming together
  2. Splendid Sampler - assembled all the rows
  3. Charity quilts - no progress
  4. SK project - working on next block
  5. Molli Sparkle's "The Honey Pot Bee" - paused until June
  6. En Provence QAL - no progress
  7. Journaling into my new Jounral/Planner - loving the new format (more at the end of the month)!
  8. 70273 Project - 4 blocks done
  9. Book binding - no progress
  10. Twilters! Bee - waiting for June
  11. 2017 Pantone Quilt Challenge: my mini below!
--
From Monday to Friday I featured 20 amazing art pieces for the Art with Fabric Blog Hop


Click on each link to go to the day post and read more about the fantastic journey and inspiration that these quilting artists took to create their masterpieces!







--
And finally, let me share the 2017 Pantone Quilt Challenge: Heart of Jade

Greenery for me is not just a single color because it reminds me of all the greens in nature, thus the super scrappy look).

For this piece I tested a new pattern and technique for a friend (Yanicka) who developed this new technique to make these super cool and modern design: it is NOT paper piecing, it is much much simpler! For the pattern and more information, visit Yanicka's blog!

I had so much fun with the praire point border: I love having those 3d elements that give more depth to the piece!!

Heart of Jade, 18'' x 18''

--
How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!


2 comments:

  1. I'm furiously working away on my Greenery piece for the Pantone Quilt Challenge. I chose to hand-quilt a mini - silly me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voted for you....ok ok I am partial ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1