Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Feeling productive and creative (and a link party)

Another week with great progress!


The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Starry Bright Sky QAL (2018) - first pattern released at the beginning of January!! Many people joined, I am working on future blocks but cannot share!
  2. Art with Disney QAL (2018) - one block completed (see below)
  3. Journaling into my new Leuchtturm 1917 - progress as usual!
  4. the 70273 Project - 4 more blocks done
  5. Twilters! Bee - waiting for this to start again!
  6. Pantone 2018, Ultra Violet mini - no progess
  7. Project Quilting - keeping this on the list, but didn't join yet!
  8. No waste/No spend - 3 tissues, 4 made fabric blocks 
--
This year I set a "No spend" tracker in my journal for sewing, stationary and personal care.
No spend doesn't really really mean no spend... more on this previous post if you are interested

In the spirit of this, I started looking at my scraps and commited to create improv pieced "made fabric" squares that I will use where patterns calls for specific colors.

These are the 4 blocks I made this week... small dent in the scrap pile, and they are beautiful!!


Thinking about No spend/No waste, I realized that I use a lot of tissues because of the cold season... and every day, at lunch, I use disposable tissues and utensils because I buy lunch at the cafeteria. However why am I creating so much consistent waste, when I have perfectly good fabric (with prints that I don't particularly like) and that would make fantastic tissues to blow my nose or to clean my mouth after lunch?!?!? Seriously, it doesn't make any sense!!
So I took a panel that I didn't like, and I turned it into 2 tissues (where I just hem around the four sides) and 1 tissue that I enveloped turned (just to have it a little more sturdy). Now I can enjoy them, rewash them for many years, and I have more space in my stash for fabric that I actually like :)


 --
One more block for my Art with Disney QAL in April on Fandom in Stitches.


Gyro Van Gogh
--


More blocks for the 70273 Project. If you are curious to see some of the beautiful quilts made with all these blocks check out this Pinterest board!


--

How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!


3 comments:

  1. A great idea, making tissues from fabric you no longer like! Glad to see you are still making 70273 blocks. I need to make some more. Our quilt group made blocks, and I made them into a top which was quilted by a friend. That quilt is now with Jeanne, so I should make a few more blocks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue blocks - you're making a great start!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1