I am ONE year blog-old!!
I created this blog after designing my first paper piecing pattern (Tweety) and after I fell in love with sewing paper piecing blocks... at that time I thought that piecing was called "quilting" now I now that quilting technically means something else ;) but still the name of the blog is short for Tweety Loves Quilting ;) technically I don't love quilting... it's actually the part I like less ;) but maybe I will love it one day!
When I started the blog I thought I would have posted maybe some pictures/patterns once in a while... and maybe I would have someone to read my few posts... I actually did a little more than that in one year!!
These are the numbers:
- 65 posts
- > 24000 pageviews
- > 150 followers (between GFC, Blogloving and Pinterest)
- 68 original pattern created and shared for free on this blog
I am also ONE year sewing-old!! :)
I never touched a sewing machine before... and I am pretty proud of collecting all the projects done in this single year! Mosaic time!!
If anyone is interested in pattern/instruction for a specific project, just drop me an email!! :)
1. Coraline; 2. Reindeer; 3, 4. Amigurumi Owl; 5. Pincushion for giveaway;
6, 7. Finger labyrinth; 8. Wallet, 9. Plastic bag small rug;
10, ..., 16, Hot pads and Kitchen sets; 16. Tablet sleeve;
18, 19. Hot pads and mit; 20. Sewing set; 21. Toothbrush sleeve; 22. Hokie-Dokie sewing caddy.
1, ...,10 - Block swaps (no blocks received from partner 1, bad start but all the others are lovely);
11, 12, 13 - For Melissa @ HappyQuilting because she sent me so many wonderful selvages!
14, ..., 20 - For Jennifer @ Sewhooked for charity quilts.
1. My first baby quilt!! Pieced by hand and quilted by hand --> the reason I bought the sewing machine ;)
2. Christmas mat; 3. Love pillow;
4. Various Fandom related PP blocks turned into pillows;
5. Second baby quilt (PP and Applique); 6. Alice's game (back);
7. The Sword in the Stone; 8. Secret Santa wall hanging;
9. Music mat; 10. Alice's game (front); 11. Star Surround QAL giant pillows;
12. Small Cardinal wall hanging; 13. The Fault in Our Stars mat;
14. Magica de Spell pillow (detail); 15. Snoopy and Friends wall hanging;
16. Pillows: Magica De Spell, Esther test pattern, Floppy disk;
17. Music mat (detail); 18. Coaster; 19. Alice's game (detail);
20. Christmas pillows: seat belt, t-shirt, rainbow starburst, storm at sea, monster (front);
21. Christmas pillows (back)
And now let's stop looking at the past... and let's look at the future!!
This following year I have some QAL that I want to keep up with... some organized by others and one organized by me :)
Here they are all together... I will keep updating those images to track my progress... much easier than keep everything on my design wall :) especially because some are pretty large projects (the grid is 5'', for reference)
1. As you Wish - I am a designer so I already made some progress on blocks that will be released soon :)
2. Celtic Solstice - I didn't make the original quilt, I redesigned a smaller version
3. Tea Towel challenge and PPV BOM - fused the two QAL in that (not yet final) design
4. Alice in Wonderland quilt - designed by me, blocks need to be tested
5. Happy Halloween wall hanging - mix of halloween blocks + Start Light, Start Bright variation
6. Topolino quilt - designed by me, blocks need to be tested
I am going to be pretty busy!! Let's see how far I can go on those projects before my next blogoversary!!
I want to conclude this post with an Happy Blogoversary to me... and a huge thank you to YOU ALL.
With your comments and support you fuel my passion for sewing and you gave me so much inspiration!!
In particular I want to thank Jennifer (@sewhooked.com) for all the inspiration, support, energy and help that she gave me over this year... and also thank to all the wonderful people that post videos in the TTMT livejournal community... I love watching your projects every week!! :)