Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Lost my mojo, but I stitch on (and a link party)

I am in one of those weeks... when none of your current project inspires you to sew so you have to find new projects to try ;)


The Ongoing Project List:
  1. SYS2015 future projects - gathered material for August project
  2. Mirror Mirror Afghan - no progress
  3. Water Lilies (Spangled Stars Quilt-along) - partially quilted
  4. D wall hanging -  no progress
  5. Block Swap Adventure - received partner, need to pull fabric
  6. the SK project - started a block
  7. Tiny Quilt Challenge (American Made Brand) - finished the pattern
  8. Zipper pouches - fun selvage project (see below)
  9. the Ender project - Leader and Ender project, with a twist
The EverythingElse List:
  1. Embroidery calendar - no progress
  2. Animal blocks for charity quilts - paused for a while
  3. Project of Doom 2015 @ Fandom in Stitches - paused for a while
  4. College Days Blog Hop blocks for tote/grocery bag -  no progress
  5. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
  6. As You Wish -  no progress
  7. Happy Halloween wall hanging -  no progress
  8. Crazy optical illusion -  no progress
  9. Memory quilt 2 - no progress
  10. B quilt - no progress
--
A long time ago I was obsessed with selvages and I collected a big pile of them... and then I never had the chance to use them :)
So since I was looking to get my mojo back, I thought that the simple project of sewing selvages to a muslin piece for a couple of zipper pouches was the prefect activity!

Main pieces for mini sew together zipper pouches!
--
And another activity that does not require thinking, is to try to use up my overflowing bags of scraps!
Bonnie Hunter started a new  Leader and Ender project (with tumblers) and even if I don't do classic leader/enders (because with paper piecing it's just very impractical) I wanted to use this project as an excuse to "End" the madness in my overflowing bags of scraps ;)

Since they are divided by colors, I will make monochromatic scrappy blocks and put them together with some kind of sashing (still to decide). These are my first two blocks

10'' x 14'', scrappy tumbler blocks!

I see another scrappy rainbow project by the end of the year!! ;)

--
Last but not least... the winners for the flash SYS2015 giveaway are:
Barbara and Nicole! I already sent you an email! 
I hope to get your contact info soon so Kristel will be able to send the prize to you asap!

--
How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!

1 comment:

  1. I think we all go through these phases. Somehow, projects have a way of losing their luster, and we find ourselves muscling through to get them done. I think mindless sewing every now and then helps get the interest back. Of course, shopping does too - nothing like a new cute fabric to make me want to play!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1