The Ongoing Project List:
- Block Swap Adventure - paused until Jan
- Charity quilts - no progress
- Americana QAL - no progress
- 2016 QAL - it's not a secret any more! (see below)
- Allietare QAL - third clue half done (see below)
Knitted hand warmers - decided to leave this for next year:)
- Jane T - no progress
- Xmas present 2 - done (see below)
- Pantone Color of the Year 2016 - designed the mini, bought the fabric!
The EverythingElse List:
- the SK project - no progress
- the 31000 Xs project - no progress
- Spirit cross stitch project - no progress
- Mirror Mirror Afghan - no progress
- the Ender project - no progress
- Embroidery calendar - no progress
- Project of Doom 2015 @ Fandom in Stitches - paused for a while
- Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
- As You Wish - no progress
- Crazy optical illusion - no progress
- Memory quilt 2 - no progress
- B quilt - no progress
I think this is the last Xmas present for this year!
Pattern by E. Andersson
Pumpkin is a little alarmed about the presence of a funny looking guy on our kitchen floor :)
Super simple pattern. I shorten the body (4 sections instead of 5) and I fill them with fabric scraps and crumbles: they are the perfect filling to give some weight to the piece!
The third clue of Bonnie Hunter's Mystery QAL is out. I decided to follow along, but I will make 1/4 of the units because I don't need a big quilt and I am not sure if I will like the design :)
I decided to go with brighter colors: cyan/aqua/teal (instead of red) and bright yellow (instead of gold). I will probably donate this quilt to charity as a baby quilt, so I want it to be fun and colorful!
For this clue, I didn't do strip piecing, but I cut every single square individually. That's why I actually have only half of my pieces done, but they are super easy and I will get the rest done soon.
I like the level of scrappiness I have. Let's see if it is going to work in the overall design!
Finally I finished up these two little guys:
Birds from "Sweet Tweets" (by Erin Cox)
Holiday Gingy (my pattern). It will be available soon on Fandom In Stitches.
I quilted it with falling snowflakes because I was inspired by the wonderful work of Susan @ quiltfabrication. I decided to use a metallic thread. I turned out pretty cool, the sparkle is just perfect. It was quite a nightmare to quilt with it though. It broke several times, but going slow seemed to be the good solution to this problem.
Finally, let me re-announce the QAL I am going to host next year!
Actually there are two big ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- I am moving all my patterns to a new website alidatweloqdesigns.blogspot.com!
If you want to read more about the move, check out the link above.
During the month of December, please be patient with me as the move may get messy and patterns maybe get lost in boxes :) if you have any issue, don't hesitate to get in touch with me!
- I will be running a FUN QAL for 2016... a very non-traditional QAL that incorporates several techniques to create a quilt like you have never seen before!
Not interested in the entire quilt? No problem!! Each block can be incorporated in a finished project perfect to gift to yourself, your kids, your nephews or your grandkids!!
What is the theme? Board Games!!
To find more information about the QAL and subscribe to the newsletter to get more information during the month of December, please visit the official page for the QAL.
And last, but not least, I want to remind you that I am working on charity quilts,
and I would love your help!!
Quilts are for a quilt drive to help the kids in the DC General Homeless Shelter.
And you can help me by donating orphan blocks, partial blocks, or fabric (scraps, strips, leftover, uglies, whatever).
If you are willing to mail them to me, I could use them to make more quilts for these kids!!!
If you are up for a loving donation, please send me an email at tweloq[_at_]gmail[dot_com] or leave a comment here with your email address so I could give you my mailing address. I promise that your donation will be used to make some kids happy and feel more loved!!
No progress for me this week, but I bought some batting, I have 3 quilt tops done so it's just a matter of assembling some backing and then get down to the quilting!!
--How about you? What are YOU up to?