Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Holiday projects (and a link party)

Slow but steady this week.


The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Block Swap Adventure - just received Dec partner info, need to decide on what to make
  2. Charity quilts - one quilt top done (see below)
  3. Americana QAL - no progress
  4. 2016 QAL (secret) - no progress
  5. Allietare QAL - second clue done (see below)
  6. Knitted hand warmers - maybe I will make another one, but not sure
  7. Jane T - no progress
  8. Xmas present 1 - knitted scarf: done! (see below)
  9. Xmas present 2 - crochet caterpillar, no progress
  10. Pantone Color of the Year 2016 - did you see what they picked? need to think about what to make with those colors :)
The EverythingElse List:
  1. the SK project - no progress
  2. the 31000 Xs project - no progress
  3. Spirit cross stitch project - no progress
  4. Mirror Mirror Afghan - no progress
  5. the Ender project - no progress
  6. Embroidery calendar - no progress
  7. Project of Doom 2015 @ Fandom in Stitches - paused for a while
  8. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
  9. As You Wish -  no progress
  10. Crazy optical illusion - no progress
  11. Memory quilt 2 - no progress
  12. B quilt - no progress

--
Another Xmas present is done!
My first try at knitting a bigger project (I just did 2 pairs of hand warmers before today)

Pattern by favecrafts 
(the pattern has some missing brackets and * but it's easy to understand where the repeats are)

The scarf is still in blocking stage, but I really like how it looks. I don't like knitting though :)
Small pieces like hand warmers are ok, but bigger pieces like this are harder on my hands and brain :) plus I am not able to undo rows that have mistakes: it's easy to do it with crochet, but when knitting, everything is super unstable if you start undoing rows. So I just left the mistakes in there and they are pretty visible in cool and clean patterns like the one below. But despite the goofs I like the finished scarf.

--

The second clue of Bonnie Hunter's Mystery QAL is out. I decided to follow along, but I will make 1/4 of the units because I don't need a big quilt and I am not sure if I will like the design :)

I decided to go with brighter colors: cyan/aqua/teal (instead of red) and bright yellow (instead of gold). I will probably donate this quilt to charity as a baby quilt, so I want it to be fun and colorful!

For this clue, I was a little nervous about the "sets". I want it to be very scrappy because I didn't pick a constant grey so I am a little worried that now these "set" units will make the design look too "planned" and not scrappy enough to sustain the scrappy grey... however I decided to take the leap and not mix up the grey and neutrals in the units. So each set is the same, but they are different from each other.


I don't like chain stitching, I get bored, distracted and then I make mistakes :)
That's why I used chain stitching but I alternated two projects: the mystery quilt and the charity quilt (see below). And my sewing buddy helped keeping the chain stitching fun and challenging :)


Second clue of Bonnie's mystery QAL... 
with my new pattern Holiday Gingy to wish you Happy Holidays :) 

The pattern for Holiday Gingy will be available soon on Fandom in Stitches! :)

--
And last, but not least, I want to remind you that I am working on charity quilts,
and I would love your help!! 
Quilts are for a quilt drive to help the kids in the DC General Homeless Shelter. 
And you can help me by donating orphan blocks, partial blocks, or fabric (scraps, strips, leftover, uglies, whatever). 
If you are willing to mail them to me, I could use them to make more quilts for these kids!!! 
If you are up for a loving donation, please send me an email at tweloq[_at_]gmail[dot_com] or leave a comment here with your email address so I could give you my mailing address. I promise that your donation will be used to make some kids happy and feel more loved!! 

One more quilt top done!

Toddler quilt top - 64 x 46 inches

This is a project from my long Q4 list of projects! (Project 5. in the list)...
This is not done, but it's a good progress since the initial state was "I have the fabric, but I don't know what to do with that" :).
This is a super simple pattern, I saw some quilts online somewhere and I grabbed that idea but I cannot find it any more to link it here :( it's a very very simple pattern overall: it's just alternation of squares and nine patches, but the color placement makes it a "granny square" look. I think it's a perfect pattern for big prints, and for sure it's a quick and easy pattern.

--
How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!

6 comments:

  1. I really love your quilt top and you holiday gingy is so cute. Thanks for his wish.
    I do not like knitting either, but sometimes I want to knit pattern, just because what you made with it is so beautiful or unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so incredibly busy! And love, love, love that quilt top - such an interesting design that's so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a busy, busy Gal! Looking very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to sew long strips together to make strata and thought I might fall asleep at the machine. Needed your kitten to keep me awake. Like gingy and the todler quilt top is so dynamic. LEeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the bright colours you are using for Allietare. And Mr. Holiday Gingy is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1