After a week of not sharing, I am back with several projects!
The Ongoing Project List:
- Play with Me QAL - July block will be released on Monday!
- WGACA projects (changed projects)
- Charity Quilts for DC General Homeless Shelter project - no progress
- SECRET quilt for exhibit - (FDJ) - kind of dropped, maybe, not sure :)
- Minion QAL - several blocks done, final layout pieced, started quilting! (see below)
- Mirror Mirror Afghan - no progress
- Hello Block Swap - two blocks received (planning what to do for July's partner) (see below)
- American Quilt (previous known as Americana QAL) - finished, washed and in use! (see below)
- Splendid Sampler - one more block done (see below)
- Road Home Row-A-Long - no progress on finishing my piece
- Pumpkin's bed - done, interesting project (see below)
The EverythingElse List:
- 70273 Project - no progress
- Jane T - no progress
- The SK project - no progress
- the 31000 Xs project - no progress
- Spirit cross stitch project - no progress
- Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
- As You Wish - no progress
- Crazy optical illusion - no progress
- Memory quilt 2 - no progress
- Gyleen's BCP Mystery QAL - no progress
--Link it here and share it with me!!
One more block for Selvage Splendid Sampler:
Due to the tinytinytiny size of these hexies (about 3/8 of an inch) I couldn't really use selvages. So I used batiks, as they really pop against the black background!
It was fun to learn a new technique to make hexies: Hexies from a circle!, no template and this is the only way to make it work with this so tiny size for me!
I received my blocks from my other June's partner for the Hello Block Swap.
Blocks that I received from Jane
I love how wonky and scrappy the entire quilt will look!!! I cannot wait to have more block to arrange in a nice design!!
I got my American quilt (renamed "Tu vuo' fa' l'americano") from the Professional Long Arm Quilter (Marcia from Marcia's Crafty Sewing & Quilting). She did an AMAZING JOB with the quilting. I asked her an all over meander with stars, but she added some custom quilting which makes it suuuper special!!
Size: 55'' x 72''
"Tu vuo' fa' l'americano"
Center blocks from the Americana QAL, Snail trail border from the Block Swap Adventure!
Amazing quilting, from the back!
This was my first experience with a long armer... I won a coupon for a discount so I thought it was a great opportunity to try it, especially on this quilt that is a Xmas present for my dad. I am extremely happy with the experience and final result. Xmas is far away, so I started using the quilt (perfect for the 4th of July, right?) ;)
Two projects that are kind of the "spur of the moment"
My cat name is Pumpkin... I thought that the fabric was just too perfect not to use it for her little cat bed. I used the wrong material for the "foam filling" so the structure doesn't hold up that well... so I tried to hang it and see if Pumpkin likes it... if not I can put it on the floor. It's summer here, so I am not sure if she wants to sneak in there any time soon... but in the meantime it's nice to look at it I guess :)
A zipper pouch, GPS holder... because we got a new GPS and I wanted a cover that matches a previous credit card wallet I made for my boyfriend :)
And last, but not least... the Minion QAL is over!
These are the last two blocks I made
And then... I assembled all the blocks in the final layout!
I am quilting the three sections separately and then joining them with a QAYG method. I will also add a special border... stay tuned to see that!
I actually already quilted 5 of the blocks (backgrounds) so I may be able to finish the quilt in a month or so (I have a trip for work, so I won't be able to quilt much in the next weeks)! I am very excited!!!
--How about you? What are YOU up to?