Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, July 2, 2016

A lot got done (and a link party)

After a week of not sharing, I am back with several projects!


The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Play with Me QAL - July block will be released on Monday!
  2. WGACA projects (changed projects)
    1. Charity Quilts for DC General Homeless Shelter project - no progress
    2. SECRET quilt for exhibit - (FDJ) - kind of dropped, maybe, not sure :)
    3. Minion QAL - several blocks done, final layout pieced, started quilting! (see below)
    4. Mirror Mirror Afghan - no progress
    5. Hello Block Swap - two blocks received (planning what to do for July's partner) (see below)
    6. American Quilt (previous known as Americana QAL) - finished, washed and in use! (see below)
    7. Splendid Sampler - one more block done (see below)
    8. Road Home Row-A-Long - no progress on finishing my piece
    9. Pumpkin's bed - done, interesting project (see below)
    The EverythingElse List:
    1. 70273 Project - no progress
    2. Jane T - no progress
    3. The SK project - no progress
    4. the 31000 Xs project - no progress
    5. Spirit cross stitch project - no progress
    6. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
    7. As You Wish -  no progress
    8. Crazy optical illusion - no progress
    9. Memory quilt 2 - no progress
    10. Gyleen's BCP Mystery QAL - no progress
    --
    --
    One more block for Selvage Splendid Sampler:

    Due to the tinytinytiny size of these hexies (about 3/8 of an inch) I couldn't really use selvages. So I used batiks, as they really pop against the black background!
    It was fun to learn a new technique to make hexies: Hexies from a circle!, no template and this is the only way to make it work with this so tiny size for me!

    --
    I received my blocks from my other June's partner for the  Hello Block Swap.
    Blocks that I received from Jane

    I love how wonky and scrappy the entire quilt will look!!! I cannot wait to have more block to arrange in a nice design!!

    --
    I got my American quilt (renamed "Tu vuo' fa' l'americano") from the Professional Long Arm Quilter (Marcia from Marcia's Crafty Sewing & Quilting). She did an AMAZING JOB with the quilting. I asked her an all over meander with stars, but she added some custom quilting which makes it suuuper special!!
    Size: 55'' x 72''
    "Tu vuo' fa' l'americano"
    Center blocks from the Americana QAL, Snail trail border from the Block Swap Adventure!

    Amazing quilting, from the back!

    This was my first experience with a long armer... I won a coupon for a discount so I thought it was a great opportunity to try it, especially on this quilt that is a Xmas present for my dad. I am extremely happy with the experience and final result. Xmas is far away, so I started using the quilt (perfect for the 4th of July, right?) ;)

    --
    Two projects that are kind of the "spur of the moment"


    My cat name is Pumpkin... I thought that the fabric was just too perfect not to use it for her little cat bed. I used the wrong material for the "foam filling" so the structure doesn't hold up that well... so I tried to hang it and see if Pumpkin likes it... if not I can put it on the floor. It's summer here, so I am not sure if she wants to sneak in there any time soon... but in the meantime it's nice to look at it I guess :)

    A zipper pouch, GPS holder... because we got a new GPS and I wanted a cover that matches a previous credit card wallet I made for my boyfriend :)
    --
    And last, but not least... the Minion QAL is over!
    These are the last two blocks I made


    And then... I assembled all the blocks in the final layout!
    I am quilting the three sections separately and then joining them with a QAYG method. I will also add a special border... stay tuned to see that!
    I actually already quilted 5 of the blocks (backgrounds) so I may be able to finish the quilt in a month or so (I have a trip for work, so I won't be able to quilt much in the next weeks)! I am very excited!!!

    --
    How about you? What are YOU up to?
    Link it here and share it with me!!

    3 comments:

    1. Great projects! The minions are super cute!

      ReplyDelete
    2. you sure have a lot of projects going - love your hexies

      ReplyDelete
    3. Glad your back! Hope you had a good rest. All of your projects are coming along nicely. I especially like your Minion quilt -adorable!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
    Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

    UA-37918212-1