Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Struggling with time (and a link party)

Where did the time go?! These past few weeks have been quite crazy!!


The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Growing Up QAL - March block(s) ready (cannot share)
  2. Splendid Sampler - one block done (see below)
  3. Charity quilts - no progress
  4. SK project - one block done (see below)
  5. Molli Sparkle's "The Honey Pot Bee" - no progress
  6. Project QUILTING - "We the Rainbow", project done (see below)
  7. En Provence QAL - no progress
  8. Bullet Journaling into my Quilter's Planner - no progress
  9. 70273 Project - no progress
  10. Book binding - three small notepad done (see below)
  11. Twilters! Bee - completed first block
--
When the Challenge 4 of Project QUILTING was announced I immediately knew what it was going to be about for me... rainbow = colors = skin color = diversity = equality = inclusion = we the people!

So this is my piece for the challenge: it includes rainbow flags that celebrate equality and diversity and there is a gradient of many kind of skin colors, textures, tones, all walks of life... we the people!

(temporary title) We the Rainbow, 32''x21''

I have to be honest: I don't think my piece is "done".
It is complete, in the sense that it is stitched and quilted, so it qualifies for the challenge...but the piece is still talking to me... the piece wants to say more, but she needs more time to express her thoughts :)
This is where I struggle for these short timed challenges: while it's great to have the incentive of completing the piece, sometimes a piece need to percolate in your mind a little longer...
Especially a piece that I plan to submit for the Threads of Resistance exhibits... 

--
One more block for my Splendid Sampler (with selvages and batiks) journey!

Block 75 - Stitch Crazy

--
Anothe block for my Stephen King collection.

The Gunslinger - Book Cover - 5''x7.5''

--
The block I made as part of a Bee swap

"My Birds", Pattern by Tina

--
And last, but not least, I made few more stitched notebooks! I used some fancy cardstock and some graph paper and I think they turned out pretty nice!!




--
How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!


5 comments:

  1. I'm trying to figure out what color threat to use on a quilt I will be working on next week - blue or gray? and back and forth in the mind it goes. I love the block "pattern by Tina" pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't we all use more time! Do give yourself credit for getting some things done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alida, I understand about your rainbow quilt not feeling finished - I've had that struggle also. The good thing about art quilts though is that if you want, you can keep adding things at any time (well at least before your submission!), Keep at it...percolated ideas will come with time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you! I knew I couldn't do the piece I started for this challenge justice so I switched to something smaller I could complete. The challenge got me going but I didn't want to just rush it. Can't wait to see how you continue to morph this one!
    Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your theme and how it's going!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1