Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Worked on many projects this week (and a link party)

Finally I worked on projects I can share!


The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Growing Up QAL - no progress
  2. Splendid Sampler - no progress
  3. Charity quilts - no progress
  4. SK project - 3 blocks done, two more designed (see below)
  5. Molli Sparkle's "The Honey Pot Bee" - completed June block (see below)
  6. En Provence QAL - no progress
  7. Journaling into my new Journal/Planner - working on it every day!
  8. 70273 Project - 4 blocks done (see below)
  9. Book binding - no progress
  10. Twilters! Bee - paused until July
  11. Zipper pouch - completed! (see below)
--

Working on my blocks for the Stephen King Quilt: in addition to book covers and quotes I will be adding objects that are connected to SK... this week I designed a block that resembles the bats/gargoyles he has on the top of his home entrance gates :)
For "Carrie" book cover I used regular Heat'n'Bond for the Carrie's silhouette, but I used Ultra Bond for the letters. The instructions say "Do not sew" on the Ultra bond, so I will try to leave it as is (and stitch around the silhouette): let's see if I will loose those after few washes or if the letters will stay on, let's hope for the best! :)

Carrie, book cover

Buick 8, opening line

SK house gate decor


--
The block for the The Honey Pot Bee (June): keeping up with the Disney/Cartoon theme, this is Alice in Wonderland, of course :)

--

More blocks for the 70273 Project. If you are curious to see some of the beautiful quilts made with all these blocks check out this Pinterest board!

--
My partner really like this fabric and I made him a credit card wallet and a GPS pouch... he just got a new phone, and the leftover fabric was EXACTLY the size I needed to make a zipper pouch for his new phone. Now everything matches! :)


--
Last but not least...
I started to design (and sew) a quilt that I will be offering as a QAL in 2018 on Fandom In Stitches
It is inspired by a recent publication of a newspaper in Italy. This weekly newspaper came out with a series of books about art history explained through disney characters. Of course I told my mom to buy all of them because how can I miss out on that?? :) 
Since the covers of those books are absolutely amazing, I decided to turn them into patterns and make a quilt for myself with all those inspiring artists through history!!
The blocks are fusible raw edge applique blocks, and I started with these two (Leonardo and Cezanne). If you are curious to see the original publication, check it here... the site it's in italian but you can see the books :) http://inedicola.gruppoespresso.it/prodotto/scoprire-arte-disney/

I am planning to make a quilt for myself with many of these covers, but I also wanted to include contemporary artists too! So I designed a block for Kara Walker, a block for Yayoi Kusama, and here below the latest creation, inspired by the work of Adam Lister (check his creations here). 

I have been in touch with Adam because I asked his permission to reproduce one of his paintings as a mini for the AMB Tiny Quilt challenge (my quilt: Vincent) and we also exchanged art pieces when I made this mini quilt for his daughter (in exchange he sent me one of his wonderful paintings).
Given how he inspired me and given his very unique style, I wanted to include him in my art history/disney quilt: he said his favorite character is Goofy, so let me introduce you...


Goofy Lister, , 20'' x 20''

--

How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1