Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, November 28, 2015

So much to share (and a link party)!

Few secret pieces revealed and several finishes!!!


The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Block Swap Adventure - paused until Dec
    (but making scrappy blocks for block lotto, see below)
  2. Charity quilts - one quilt done (see below)
  3. Americana QAL - no progress
  4. Adam's wall hanging - finally I can show this off!! (see below)
  5. 2016 QAL (secret) - no progress
  6. Allietare QAL - first clue done (see below)
  7. Knitted hand warmers - another pair done (see below)
  8. Jane T - no progress
  9. Xmas present 1 - knitted scarf (done about 15 inches)
  10. Xmas present 2 - crochet caterpillar (found pattern)
The EverythingElse List:
  1. the SK project - no progress
  2. the 31000 Xs project - no progress
  3. Spirit cross stitch project - no progress
  4. Mirror Mirror Afghan - no progress
  5. the Ender project - no progress
  6. Embroidery calendar - no progress
  7. Project of Doom 2015 @ Fandom in Stitches - paused for a while
  8. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
  9. As You Wish -  no progress
  10. Crazy optical illusion - no progress
  11. Memory quilt 2 - no progress
  12. B quilt - no progress

--
Finally I can reveal a big project I am super proud of!!

Happy Pigeon - 20 x 20 inches

A while ago I decided to participate in the AMB challenge and I made a mini inspired by the wonderful work of Adam Lister (adamlistergallery.com) and his interpretation of Van Gogh's "The Starry Night". If you want to read more about that project, you can read the whole story in this post.

After I sent Adam the picture of the quilt, he said that he really liked it and that he wanted a quilt for himself :) so he proposed a trade: I make a mini for him, and he makes a painting for me. Of course I thought this idea was wonderful! He sent me a picture of a old painting he made ("Pigeon") and he said that my mini would be used as a decoration for his daughter room (she is one year old).

So I decided to mix up his style with my own... so I made a very square horizontal/vertical style background, and I quilted it. Then I designed the pigeon to have fun angles and I paper pieced that block. I then appliqued the big pigeon on the background.

Once I completed the mini, I decided to make a little something for Adam as well... because everyone needs a little custom handmade object! So I made him this little mug rug.

Nintendo Mug Rug (9 x 4 inches)

--
Another couple of Xmas presents are done!

Hand warmers for a friend (I really love the cable pattern... and they are extra comfy too)


And a little crochet bag for one of her kids: because every little lady needs a cute bag, right?


--
In our Block Swap Adventure group we decided to add extra things to swap, just to make it more fun. Next year we are going to run a block lotto, where each month one person will win a bunch of scrappy 16 patches (1 inch finished little squares, each block measures 4.5 unfinished). Each month we will enter 4 blocks in the drawing... I used this project as a "break" between other more "brain demanding" projects as here there is no thinking needed: just grab squares and sew!

Two months of squares are ready to be entered in the block lotto drawing!!

--

The first clue of Bonnie Hunter's Mystery QAL is out. I decided to follow along, but I will make 1/4 of the units because I don't need a big quilt and I am not sure if I will like the design :) I loved the Celtic Solstice, but I didn't like the one done last year (which I didn't follow along anyway).

This time, I am still not sure if I am going to use her colors or replace the red with blue.
I have many more blues than red... we'll see...
In the meantime I already made a change from her instructions, as I decided to use a scrappy grey instead of a constant fabric... we'll see if this will work or not :)

Some of my trimmed HST... and a pile of many more to trim!

--

And last, but not least, I want to remind you that I am working on charity quilts,
and I would love your help!! 
Quilts are for a quilt drive to help the kids in the DC General Homeless Shelter. 
And you can help me by donating orphan blocks, partial blocks, or fabric (scraps, strips, leftover, uglies, whatever). 
If you are willing to mail them to me, I could use them to make more quilts for these kids!!! 
If you are up for a loving donation, please send me an email at tweloq[_at_]gmail[dot_com] or leave a comment here with your email address so I could give you my mailing address. I promise that your donation will be used to make some kids happy and feel more loved!! 

One more quilt done!

Baby quilt - 40 x 40 inches

This is a project from my long Q4 list of projects! (Project 2. in the list)...
and I completed TEN projects since the beginning of October! WooooH me :)
--
How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!

11 comments:

  1. I love your mini and the mug rug. The paper pieced pigeon is so unique! A beauty. I am so curious how Adam reacts and love to see his painting for you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your finishes. Nice to see the scraps what you did with some of the scraps I sent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing finishes, the pigeon is wonderful might be a new door opening for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be super proud of the pigeon mini. !!! WOW it is fantastical
    All of your project results are wonderful.
    I am so proud to know you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice start to the mystery. That pigeon is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots going on around your house!! love it all! Good luck on the MQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :Lots of fun stuff going on in your sewing room. The pigeon mini turned out beautifully! I ended up doing several color substitutions for Bonnie's Mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been very busy! I look forward to the progress of Valletare...your neutrals and grays are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been busy! Love the pigeon and mug rug--well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your greys will work just fine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1