Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Past the half point with my stars (and a link party)

More star from my 2018 QAL!

The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Growing Up QAL - released last pattern, it was a fun event for 2017!
  2. Starry Bright Sky QAL (2018) - see several of the blocks below
  3. Art with Disney QAL (2018) - no progress
  4. Splendid Sampler - no progress
  5. Charity quilts - no progress
  6. SK project - no progress
  7. Molli Sparkle's "The Honey Pot Bee" - no progress
  8. En Provence QAL - no progress
  9. Journaling into my new Leuchtturm 1917 - progress as usual!
  10. the 70273 Project - 4 more blocks done
  11. Book binding - no progress
  12. Twilters! Bee - working on this today, pictures next week
  13. Pencases and zipper pouches - no progress
  14. Rainbow Cascade QAL - no progress
--

More blocks for the 70273 Project. If you are curious to see some of the beautiful quilts made with all these blocks check out this Pinterest board!

--

I announced that I will be running a new QAL for 2018 on my other website.


This time, instead of making the blocks and keep them all hidden in a drawer until the pattern release date, I decided I will share the blocks as soon as I make them. 

This is for few reasons:
  1. This will get me more motivated to actually make all the blocks way in advance and be less stressed as the QAL proceeds;
  2. I will put together the patterns ahead of the free date of release, and I will put them in my shop so if someone wants to work ahead of the schedule, or wants to get bundles of multiple patterns, that can be done;
  3. Showing the actual blocks made in fabric may encourage more people to join... we know that computer colored blocks look cool, but never as cool as the real fabric blocks!! :)
In my QAL, I have actually 2 blocks a month: one known and one mystery, both using the same technique. Of course I won't show the mystery ones... but these will be included in the patterns for sale, if someone is interested! You will just have to trust me that it will be a second cool pattern :)... or alternatively you can just wait for the reveal month in 2018 and see it.

So these are few more blocks I made this past week

June 2018 (Curved piecing)

September 2018 (Foundation Paper Piecing)


November 2018 (New York Beauty style piecing)

I am having so much fun with all these techniques! 
The blocks are not that difficult, I completed them all in less than a week!

I want to make more of these blocks in November, so I am setting my One Monthly Goal (elmstreetquilts) as making the last 6 non-mystery blocks by the end of the month! 
I only need to make the last three, I am on a good track to meet this goal this month!!

Are you planning to join?
--

How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!


1 comment:

  1. Those are very cool stars. Especially like the first two. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1