Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

SYS 2015 - Tutorial 2, Quilting

Now that we all mastered foundation paper piecing thanks to the first tutorial by Janeen, we are ready to stretch our skills with quilting!!


This second tutorial is brought you by... yours truly me :) Alida (tweloquilting.blogspot.com)


I am not an expert in quilting, I don't even like quilting (or at least I didn't like it before discovering the wonderful different approach on the topic that I describe in these tutorials)!! :)

The pdf (links below) contain detailed step by step instructions on how to make several projects, from start to finish!! Make sure to read both tutorials before start sewing because there are several tips and tricks that may help you along the way!
I put together TWO full tutorials: one that I call "practice pieces" helps you get acquainted with the techniques and designs (while producing great small objects that I used as perfect Christmas gift, in my case). The second one (the main project) is a little wall hanging in which I merge my new passion for "quilting" with my old passion for Disney characters :)

The tutorials also contain links to other resources for quilting and pointers for where to find more inspiration and designs.


The link up for SYS2015 is still open for your Syndrome blocks and FPP projects. You can link also your quilting projects, and next week I will tell you more about the prize for this month!

And speaking of prizes...
Today I draw the winner of the first month... and the winner is:
Congratulations Jan!! I will get in touch with you, but if you read this before that, please let me know which of Janeen's e-books collection you would like to receive! These wonderful collections contain from 10 to 16 patterns of a certain theme of blocks: there are animals, stars, Christmas, Halloween, etc.! Janeen will then email the PDF directly to you!!


All the information about the series (as well as all the previously published tutorials) will be available at
the SYS 2015 page.

If you have any question about the series, don't hesitate to contact me via email or add a comment here on my blog (and if you want an answer, make sure you are not a no-reply blogger!).

So now let's go and Stretch Our Skills!!! :)

Until next time
Happy sewing!!

7 comments:

  1. this looks fantastic - I am well up for giving it a try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am glad I have a 3 day weekend so much quilting to do. Since I have 2 quilts to quilt I may just have to slip this one in as well. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tutorial. I'm saving it all and will work on it later. I had a stroke in January and can't use my left hand very good so there is no quilting till I'm better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive just printed it all out and am ready to realllllllyyyyyyy s-t-r-e-t-c-h----- Thank you for your amazingly detailed tutorial and instructions, its truly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Wow Wow! This is SOOOO awesome! I'm definitely going to test this to my limits, but this is exactly the kind of thing I want to learn to do! This is just SO Awesome! THANK YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome!! they are very very fun to make! I am looking forward to all you wonderful creations!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1