Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Finally finishes I can share (and a link party)

Finally some finishes that I can share!!!


The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Growing Up QAL - released October pattern!
  2. Starry Bright Sky QAL (2018) - shared the fun FREE side event!
  3. Art with Disney QAL (2018) - no progress
  4. Splendid Sampler - no progress
  5. Charity quilts - no progress
  6. SK project - no progress
  7. Molli Sparkle's "The Honey Pot Bee" - no progress
  8. En Provence QAL - no progress
  9. Journaling into my new Leuchtturm 1917 - loooove it, I will share updates next month!
  10. the 70273 Project - 8 more blocks done
  11. Book binding - no progress
  12. Twilters! Bee - paused until November
  13. Pencases and zipper pouches - no progress
  14. Rainbow Cascade QAL - no progress
--
Every year I join the Teal Mini Swap ("Teal Mini Swap, formerly known as Two for Teal Mug Rug Swap and OCRF fundraiser (Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance), is a way for EvaPaige Quilt Designs to help raise awareness of this ridiculous disease annually during the months of July through September, which is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month.")

This year I had the honor to have Joyce as a partner. She made me this beautiful mini (and included some extra goodies)

Joyce's picture... 
because the picture I tried to take of this beauty looked as below :)

:) Isn't she quite a helper?? :)

ANYWAY...

The mini that I made for Joyce is this!

18'' x 18''
She said that she like mosaic, so I designed this piece using a fabric weaving technique!

I also made for myself a little "companion mini" to remember what I sent to Joyce and to keep a tangible memory of what I made for this swap. I use these mug rugs as small "pen mats" in my office, to keep everything in one place!

4.5'' x 7''

Since I had very very little left of the featured teal fabric from the swap, I decided to use the tiny scraps "as is" and let them raw edge and fraying. I won't be washing this piece, so the texture adds some interest!!

--

More blocks for the 70273 Project. If you are curious to see some of the beautiful quilts made with all these blocks check out this Pinterest board!

--
And last, but not least, did you see all the wonderful pieces shared this week as part of the Art with Fabric Blog hop?!!

Check the daily posts of this past week to find links to the artists blogs!



--

How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!


4 comments:

  1. Some beautiful projects. Your helper is pretty cute. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely mini you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the lucky one that got that beautiful mini & all my extra treats! Thanks again, Alida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alida, I really like both your mini and Joyce's. You were both very lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1