Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Very unproductive week (and a link party)

Between being sick and a ton of snow to shovel, I didn't do much this week!

The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Play with Me QAL - many people keep sharing their projects!! (see below)
  2. WGACA projects
    1. Jane T - no progress
    2. The SK project - no progress
    3. Mirror Mirror Afghan - no progress
  3. Block Swap Adventure -  paused until Feb
  4. Charity Quilts for DC General Homeless Shelter project - no progress
  5. American Quilt (previous known as Americana QAL) - no progress
  6. Project Quilting (#3)- waiting for the announcement 
  7. Gyleen's BCP Mystery QAL (Bricks, Cobblestones and Pebbles Mystery 2016) - clue 3 and 4 done! (see below)
The EverythingElse List:
  1. the 31000 Xs project - no progress
  2. Spirit cross stitch project - no progress
  3. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
  4. As You Wish -  no progress
  5. Crazy optical illusion - no progress
  6. Memory quilt 2 - no progress
--
You may remember the story behind my AMB Tiny Quilt Challenge (Vincent), where I was inspired by the work of Adam Lister and we ended up setting up a trade: I made him this 'Pigeon' wall hanging and he promised me a painting from him. It arrived this week and I temporarily hang it without a frame next to my Konfettinsky. Isn't it beautiful??

Right: Adam Lister's Café Terrace at Night (after Van Gogh)
--
And speaking of my Vincent quilt... pictures of all the quilts entered in the exhibit have been shared!!


Maybe you didn't get the chance to visit the Road to California show?

--
I am following along with a Mystery QAL on FB. This is my progress:


As usual, I am following my own path. For clue 3 I kept the four colors theme with the brick being a constant Mickey Mouse fabric. For clue 4 I wanted to mute down the colors and I went all neutrals. However I wanted the transition to be more "interesting" so I added HST in the nine patch! I don't know if it is going to work in the final layout, but I like what I see so that's the path I am taking! It is a very fun mystery!

--
I also spend some time making some extra postage stamps 4x4 squares for the extra swaps in our Block Swap Adventure group.


I decided to play with the scrappyness and have some blocks that are neutrals and some that are dark.
I love this project because collecting 1.5'' squares and sew them up in such a simple pattern is very relaxing as it doesn't require much brain work :)

--
While I cannot share pictures of the quilted Feb block of my QAL (Play with Me), I can certainly share the fact that a pretty large number of people started sharing their completed January projects!


Please click this link to visit the page with the linky and check out the amazing work of these ladies!!!

It has been so fun to see how people mix and match colors! 
If you didn't join, it's not too late!

--
And last, but not least, I want to remind you that I am working on charity quilts,
and I would love your help!! 
Quilts are for a quilt drive to help the kids in the DC General Homeless Shelter. 
And you can help me by donating orphan blocks, partial blocks, or fabric (scraps, strips, leftover, uglies, whatever). 
If you are willing to mail them to me, I could use them to make more quilts for these kids!!! 
If you are up for a loving donation, please send me an email at tweloq[_at_]gmail[dot_com] or leave a comment here with your email address so I could give you my mailing address. I promise that your donation will be used to make some kids happy and feel more loved!! 

No progress here... so sad... but I plan to spend more time on this in the next couple of months. I have many pieces ready to be quilted, just need to find some inspiration!

--
How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1