Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Slow and steady gift making (and a link party)

Steadly working on many projects.


The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Hello Block Swap - paused until next month
  2. The SK project - one more block done (see below)
  3. Secret event (January 2017) - "coloring" completed, ready to start stitch!
  4. Secret event (February 2017) - one more block read (cannot share yet)
  5. Secret event (August 2017) - no progress
  6. Secret event (Jan-Nov 2017)  - worked more on the design!!
  7. Xmas decorations - 4 more done (see below)
  8. Crochet flowers - 4 completed (see below)
  9. Bullet Journaling - working on this every day!
    Waiting to migrate into my Quilter's Planner (it should be here next week... I plan to use it as a "blank canvas", as I am not really into fixed weekly spreads any more) :)
  10. Various bags and pouches - one done! (see below)
  11. En Provence (Bonnie Hunter's mystery QAL) - as usual, I plan to follow along with a smaller version. I love purple so I think this year it will be fun!
The EverythingElse List:
  1. Splendid Sampler - no progress
  2. Charity Quilts for DC General Homeless Shelter project - no progress
  3. Summer Solstice QAL - no progress
    1. Mirror Mirror Afghan - no progress
    2. 70273 Project - no progress
    3. Jane T - no progress
    4. the 31000 Xs project - no progress
    5. Spirit cross stitch project - no progress
    6. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
    7. As You Wish -  no progress
    8. Crazy optical illusion - no progress
    9. Memory quilt 2 - no progress
    10. Gyleen's BCP Mystery QAL - no progress
    --
    Let me start with the Teal mini swap organized by Beth every year.
    This is what I receveid by my wonderful partner Allene


    --

    Patty (elmstreetquilts) is hosting a fun event (Bag It) to encourage people to share any bag they make for chances to win great prizes and to inspire each other (Bag it, entry page)!!
    I have few bag presents on my list for Xmas so I thought to start it early. 

    This week I wanted to make a little pencil pouch.
    My sewing helper wanted to make sure I used the cat fabric as appropriate :)


    The pattern is very easy and the only thing I would change is to add a tab on both sides. The second tab is my usual ribbon, but next time I will stitch it within the body of the pouch like the other one, instead of hand stitching it at the end!
    --
    Working on Xmas presents, I made these crochet flowers for my mom. She makes some compositions and she can always use some extra flowers. I am using only the cotton I have on hand, so the colors are kind of limited, but that's better than nothing!! :)


    And speaking about Xmas, I made few more cross stitch decorations to include in holiday cards

    --
    Another book cover for my Stephen King collection is ready!
    The pattern will be on Fandom in Stitches eventually... if you need it sooner, just send me an email :)


    --
    Last, but not least, a very simple and needed object: I had a twist turban towel for about 5 years and I loved it!! It is now in very very very bad conditions :) however all the ones that I found online and in stores now are the terrible microfiber material that feels horrible on my hair!! This is why my original one (made with classical towel material) has been used to death.
    Now... I have been spending so much time and energy trying to find an alternative... why??? it is such as simple shape and I can sew!!! Sometimes I try to convince myself that it would be a "waste" to cut up a perfectly good towel to do this... but seriously isn't it a waste to have many towels that I don't use anyway??? sometimes I am so stubborn :) it took me maybe 15 minutes to stitch up the orange new version!! 

    I have enough towel left to make another one, but I want to test it first to understand if my version needs any improvement (like the orientation of the towel)
    --
    How about you? What are YOU up to?
    Link it here and share it with me!!


    2 comments:

    1. Slow and steady wins the race!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Great projects. Glad your kitty likes the bag - thanks for linking up to Elm Street Quilts Bag It!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
    Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

    UA-37918212-1