Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Art with Fabric Blog Hop (Fall edition) - DAY 0


Every quilted project is a unique piece of art, full of love, creativity and inspiration.

However, have you ever thought about how "traditional" art could be reinterpreted in a quilted piece?
(by "traditional" I mean anything that a non-quilter will label as art, like paintings, drawings, sculptures, architecture from all countries and all time periods).

To explore the endless possibilities of art-inspired quilted pieces I decided to organize this Blog Hop!
I invited some of my blogging quilty friends and we are going to present our unique pieces,
THE HOP IS STARTING TOMORROW!!!!

To get you in the mood for artsy quilty pieces, let me collect all the mini's that I made inspired by famous paintings. By clicking the link you can read the story and inspiration behind each piece.

I also have a new piece, but you will have to follow the blog hop to see it!!


"Konfettinsky" by Alida
Inspired by the work of Wassily Kandinsky
---


"Cut out for the seasons" by Alida 
Inspired by the work of Henri Matisse
---


"Modern Yellow" by Alida
Inspired by the work of Joseph Albers
"Vacation from reality" by Alida
Inspired by the work of Salvador Dali


"Sol Mates" by Alida
Inspired by the work of Sol LeWitt



I hope this blog hop inspires you. If you have some art inspired quilts, please don't hesitate to put the link in the comments below! We would love to see your work!!!

4 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1