Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, October 22, 2016

The Best Bag Ever (and a link party)

I have been in the mood of bag and 3D objects making... so satisfying to complete a project in few days and have it ready to use!!


The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Charity Quilts for DC General Homeless Shelter project - no progress
  2. Summer Solstice QAL - no progress
    1. Mirror Mirror Afghan - no progress
    2. Hello Block Swap - completed two blocks, received one (see below) 
    3. Splendid Sampler - no progress
    4. Secret event (January 2017) - "coloring" continuing
    5. Secret event (February 2017) - no progress
    6. Secret event (August 2017) - no progress
    7. Secret event (Feb-Oct 2017)  - worked more on the design!!
    8. Xmas decorations - no progress
    9. Bullet Journaling - working on this every day!
    10. Various bags and pouches - one done! (see below)
    11. Tote bag - the most amazing bag ever, done! (see below)
    The EverythingElse List:
    1. 70273 Project - no progress
    2. Jane T - no progress
    3. The SK project - no progress
    4. the 31000 Xs project - no progress
    5. Spirit cross stitch project - no progress
    6. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
    7. As You Wish -  no progress
    8. Crazy optical illusion - no progress
    9. Memory quilt 2 - no progress
    10. Gyleen's BCP Mystery QAL - no progress
    --
    Let me start with the Hello block swap blocks for this month.
    Since I am the hostess and we have an odd number of participants, I tend to have 2 partners every month.

    These are the blocks I made for them.

    And this is the block Vicki made for me!

    PLEASE consider joining the swap!! It is so super easy, one block a month, that's it... it allow us to get to know new people, try fun blocks that we wouldn't make for ourselves, learn new things, and so much more!!

    Find all the details on the Hello Block Swap page!!
    --

    Patty (elmstreetquilts) is hosting a fun event (Bag It) to encourage people to share any bag they make for chances to win great prizes and to inspire each other (Bag it, entry page)!!
    I have few bag presents on my list for Xmas so I thought to start it early. 

    This week I needed a small "bag" to put some crochet flowers I will be making for my mom. She makes compositions with these flowers, so I want to help out, but sending just the flowers in a box didn't seem good. So I built my first lined drawstring bag!!!
    I loosely followed that tutorial, but what I love about this simple bag is that you can make it any size, I didn't even measure the pieces, I just cut them to the same size and then followed the tutorial!!


    Another fun thing about the bag is that I used a "Free Spirit" ribbon and a ribbon of label with the writing "Hand Made" to close it up! Such a perfect way to share these messages in an useful way!! :)

    --
    I saved the best for last...
    I saw this Cozy Nest Designs' Seat Belt Market Tote and I fell in love with the look.

    Colors: Aubergine and Liliac, Size: Medium

    I bought the pattern and a kit a while back but I was kind of scared about the material: I thought that seat belt webbing would be very hard to stitch... well... I think it is the easier material to sew that I have ever used!!!!! :) :) :)
    It is way way way easier than the denim that I used last week for some pouches.
    Plus Sarah's patterns are always so easy to follow, detailed and very very clear!! This is not the first bag I make from one of her patterns, and she includes so computer-generated line drawings that show you exactly what she means in her text. I am a quilter, so I don't have much experience (almost zero) with gusset, fully lined zipper pockets within the lining, etc... and I did a great job in my bag (I say it to myself).


    Few more details: the colors are not that great in the picture because the weather is not cooperating :) however it is so luxurious and cool that my boyfriend told me that maybe I shouldn't use it every day because it may attract bad attentions because it looks super expensive and high end! :) :)

    I choose purple and green as my color combination, and I added that little envelope mini pouch (bought somewhere, I don't remember where). That pouch has two purposes: 1) it is cute and it stores some contact info in case it gets lost;  2) as you can see in a picture above, I can slip it in one of the outside pocket and it keeps the ring down and prevents it from bouncing around. So cute and functional!! 

    --
    How about you? What are YOU up to?
    Link it here and share it with me!!


    6 comments:

    1. I never have much luck at bags - I have made a couple and use them for a short time and then they get tossed in the closet. I have never been happy with the results -- yours on the other hand - nice!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'll agree - very satisfying to finish a project and use it immediately!

      ReplyDelete
    3. great bags. thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Ooh, that last bag is gorgeous! Looks like a lot of work! Love it!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
    Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

    UA-37918212-1