Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, May 28, 2016

A new obsession: pillow cases (and a link party)

Back in productive mode, with a new obsession...

The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Play with Me QAL - June block ready and QAYG assembly started!
  2. WGACA projects (changed projects)
    1. Charity Quilts for DC General Homeless Shelter project - three pillow cases done (+ 4 labels) (see below)!!
    2. SECRET quilt for exhibit - (FDJ) 2 more blocks done (cannot share)
    3. Minion QAL - Girl Minion done (see below)
  3. Mirror Mirror Afghan - no progress
  4. Hello Block Swap - received May blocks! (see below)
  5. American Quilt (previous known as Americana QAL) - shipped to the quilter!
  6. Splendid Sampler - no progress
  7. Challenge quilt - I change the challenge I will probably join... but still considering
  8. Road Home Row-A-Long - no progress
The EverythingElse List:
  1. 70273 Project - heard back... will make few more blocks
  2. Jane T - no progress
  3. The SK project - no progress
  4. the 31000 Xs project - no progress
  5. Spirit cross stitch project - no progress
  6. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
  7. As You Wish -  no progress
  8. Crazy optical illusion - no progress
  9. Memory quilt 2 - no progress
  10. Gyleen's BCP Mystery QAL - no progress
--
I am working on charity quilts to help the kids in the DC General Homeless Shelter. 
I decided to make a matching pillow case for each quilt.
3 new hot dog pillow cases: tutorial by Jennifer @ sewhooked

The tutorial is sooooooooo easy and fast... that I couldn't stop to one pillow case per quilt... I am making some extras because they are so fun!
I have seen this tutorial and pillow cases a lot, but I've always thought: "well, it's just a pillow case, I have pillow cases so I don't need more"... well... I realized that store bought pillow cases are just boring and now I want to turn my entire stash into pillowcases for me!! :) :) I won't do it, but expect to see some fun Tula and other colorful pillow cases for me here in the next future! :) :)

I also embroidered four labels so that they are ready to be added to the quilts after quilting!! :)

--
The other only thing I can share is another Minion

I also designed my final quilt. I will have some alternative blocks and a different overall design... stay tuned for more.


--
And finally I received the two blocks from my Hello Block Swap partners (Amy and Audrey).
Aren't they amazing?!?!?
My dresden and log cabin patterns available on this page

--
How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!

1 comment:

  1. If sewing pillow cases is yout worst obsession, then congrats!! The blocks look beautiful as always!! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1