Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Mostly working on secret projects (and a link party)

Finally I have been working on something I can share... a lot of secret sewing for events that are coming up, so I have been busy even if I do not share :)


The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Growing Up QAL - completed all my blocks, finishing up the patterns for the year!
  2. Starry Bright Sky QAL (2018) - shared layout and working on making the blocks!
  3. Art with Disney QAL (2018) - one more block (see below)!
  4. Splendid Sampler - no progress
  5. Charity quilts - no progress
  6. SK project - no progress
  7. Molli Sparkle's "The Honey Pot Bee" - no progress
  8. En Provence QAL - no progress
  9. Journaling into my new Leuchtturm 1917 - loooove it, I will share updates next month!
  10. the 70273 Project - no progress
  11. Book binding - no progress
  12. Twilters! Bee - no progress
  13. Face scrubbies and other crochet sponges - completed a while ago, finally pictures :)
  14. Pencases and zipper pouches - designing many fun ones, after the horror story of interacting with a rude designer few weeks ago
--
I have been making great progress on my quit for the Art with Disney QAL 2018.
I actually completed 3 blocks... one will be shared as my piece for the Art with Fabric blog hop next month... a second one will be shared as my piece for the Enter if U Dare blog hop. The third one is not connected to any future event, so let me introduce you


Daisy Mondrian (20'' x 20'')

The quilting design is inspired by the work of Piet Mondrian :)
As usual for these blocks, I envelope turned it, quilted it, added blanket stitching and crochet all around, and I will use this to join all the blocks in a fun and different way of QAYG method! :) This is an experiment, but it is working fantastic with the quilting, since the piece is relative small but not too small (so good practice) and joining the pieces won't require struggling to fit big heavy pieces through a machine, since crochet can be done from the comfort of my couch!! :)

--
I completed this set of crochet face scrubbies and sponges that I gifted for a birthday.
They are super easy and quite practical, since they have been reducing my waste of make up removing wipes: I use them, throw them in the washing machine and they come back as new! :)


I haven't tried the pouf or the soap saver myself, but they look as they work just fine :)

 --
And last, but not least, yesterday I announced the Art with Fabric Blog hop, which will run for a week in October. Check the line up of fantastic artists at this link!!


--

How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!


2 comments:

  1. Every step counts, and then it hopefully has to be ok with my new hundred hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool bath accessories! Love the idea of face scrubbies. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1