Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Friday, January 2, 2015

Tutorial for designing patterns

It's about 2 years that I have been designing Paper Piecing patterns and many people keep asking about what is my process in designing a pattern. So I put together a little tutorial!

You can find it at this link.


I hope that someone will find it useful! Don't hesitate to write me if you have any question!

This is just my process in transforming a picture into a pattern... there are many other ways to do it, this is just the way I like it :)

And I know that there are other more fancy programs out there, but I like to use free programs because you don't need to invest to much money to create beautiful things! Nothing against fancy programs, but sometimes those can feel intimidating... so if you never designed a PP pattern, give Quilt Assistant a try... you may be amazed with the result :)

11 comments:

  1. You have done a great job explaining it. I have yet to work with paper piecing but am ready and willing to start! Thanks for these tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a chance to check out quilt assistant yet so thanks for sharing what your process is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this great job! I will try it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh my golly gosh you must have been reading my mind ;) Think I know what Im going to be doing tomorrow :) thank you sooo much your generosity is incredible :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this tutorial. I have always wanted to learn how to design PP patterns without investing a lot of money before I know whether I can do it or really want to after trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am almost positive you also had a tutorial for turning QA files into PDF's, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Am I remembering correctly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tessa, you are a no-reply blogger so I cannot write to you directly... I hope you will read this :)
      Probably you are referring to this tutorial I wrote that shows the extra steps of adding the cover page and other details and turn it into pdf
      http://tweloquilting.blogspot.com/2015/09/sys-2015-tutorial-8-1-software-tools.html
      If you have any specific question, please write me an email directly and I will be happy to help!

      Delete
  7. When I click on your dropbox link it says "File not found." Does the link need to be updated?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... unfortunately Dropbox changed the company policies on public folders at the beginning of the month and it is taking me some time to move all my patterns to Google Drive. All the links in old post will be inaccurate but I cannot go back and change everything! :) Please email me directly at tweloq (at) gmail (dot com) so I can send you the PDF. You are a no-reply blogger so I have no way to get in touch with you!!

      Delete
  8. Could you post the new link to the tutorial? I'd love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately Dropbox changed the company policies on public folders last year. All the links in old post will be inaccurate but I cannot go back and change everything! :) Please email me directly at tweloq (at) gmail (dot com) so I can send you the PDF. You are a no-reply blogger so I have no way to get in touch with you!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1