Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Thursday, December 29, 2016

The LIST

The two words for my 2017: "Habit" and "Endure"
with my dreamcatcher doodles :)

Several people are rolling out link parties and challenges with resolutions for the new year, so I thought it was a great opportunity for me to look back at my 2016 list and see what I did there!

So this is the 2016 list, with the current status of each project.
  1. Play with Me QAL - hosted this extra fun QAL (confession: I haven't put together my quilt just yet O_O). It was a great success and brought me to the 2017 QAL so I am happy about this project!!!
  2. "Jane Tiger, the Nearly Insane Wife of a Farmer" - completely abbandoned... I designed the full layout, made few blocks, but it fell off the ongoing project train early in the year :)
  3. Block Swap Adventure quilt - I continued the swap for few months, then it was suspended for lack of participants, then I started a new swap on Ello, and that got suspended too for the lack of participants... oh, well... 
  4. Charity quilts for Fran and the Quilts for DC General Homeless Shelter project - wow, I didn't work on this much unfortunately! I have 3 quilts done, few pillow cases and several extra quilt tops ready... I need to get my head in the game!!
  5. Americana QAL - done, completed, gifted.
  6. Play with Me 2016 QAL - duplicate of 1 :) I must have been tired when I wrote the list!!
  7. Allietare QAL - top completed, and in the pile to donate for charity...
  8. Pantone Color of the Year 2016 - completed
  9. The SK project - many blocks got done... still very far from completion, but good progress here!!
  10. the 31000 Xs project - abandoned, no progress throughout the year....
  11. Spirit cross stitch project - abandoned, no progress throughout the year.... 
  12. Mirror Mirror Afghan - abandoned, no progress throughout the year....
  13. Alice in Wonderland quilt - abandoned, no progress throughout the year....
  14. As You Wish -  abandoned, no progress throughout the year....
  15. Crazy optical illusion - abandoned, no progress throughout the year....
  16. Memory quilt 2 - abandoned, no progress throughout the year....
Ok... so it seemed like I didn't do much from the list... but I promise that I had a ton of completed projects, they just seemed to come along during the year so they were not in the initial list!! :)

I will feature all my accomplishment in a separate post at the end of January for my blogoversary! I think I accomplished a lot, but I need some time to collect them all in one post :)

And now... what about 2017?
Let's make another list!!! Let's make it SHORTER so I may be able to accomplish more!! :)

  1. GROWING UP QAL - I had so much fun hosting a QAL that I want to do it again! This year will be more "traditional" because it will have 12'' finished blocks but they are all kind of techniques, skills, sashings, etc... as usual a great learning experience

  2. Splendid Sampler - I just want some progress here, just more blocks done. I don't aim at completing it, but just at working on it
  3. Charity quilts - I want to complete the tops that I have and then deliver the quilts to the final destination. My goal is around 7 quilts
  4. SK project - I want to complete all the blocks, not the final quilt, but at least all the missing blocks
  5. Be a good QUEEN :) - well... I don't know if I am supposed to say it yet... but I will be a Queen for the Molli Sparkle's "The Honey Pot Bee"!!!!! I already have an idea for the block... just wait and see
  6. Pantone Color of the Year 2017 - planning my traditional mini
  7. En Provence QAL - Planning to add this on the pile of donation quilts... maybe... not sure about the final layout yet :)
  8. Bullet Journaling into my Quilter's Planner - planning to explore and expand my new obsession with planning! 
  9. 70273 Project - keep working and supporting this amazing project!
9 projects to track and advance seems to be duable. I am also planning to decide what to do with the UFO that I abandoned in 2016... they probably just need some time to rest :)

This list is shared in for the following link parties and challenges:
2017 Planning Party

3 comments:

  1. I have been working and working on my L I S T! I keep finding quilts that need finished in boxes when I go to take pictures of what I want to finish. It never ends. Hi, my name is Kathy... I'm addicted to quilting. But that's not a bad thing. :) Have a great 2017. I see that your Allietare was made for charity! Wow. What a great charity quilt. "See" ya next year! I love following your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your goals for 2016, and I am so excited you will be a Queen in Molli's bee this year, too! :) I hope you have a wonderful year as you work through the items on your list, and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have found some projects are what i call a life's work which means it may take my entire life time to complete them ... so that may be the way with what you call abandoned ... happy new year

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1